View Single Post
Old 2010-06-24, 16:38   Link #11561
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
And all the gold in the Golden Land already belongs to this child, who has no use for it...
Yes, in a quite literal sense, apparently. I can't think of another way to transfer Kinzo's assets to a as of yet unknown specific descendant. If the descendant were known, he could put the shares in a trust -- but I don't think trust law allows shenanigans like the inheritance test for grandkids anywhere.

The other interesting bit is that unless Eva managed some deviously clever scheme that invalidates the deal transferring the shares to this executor, one of the two things has to have happened:
  • The shares were actually transferred to her by the executor when it was all over.
  • The executor died as well, and Eva became the legal inheritor. That involves Eva somehow managing to pay the astronomically high tax for the shares...
Either makes things highly complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
This probably very off topic, but I found an occult society that Beatrice 1 and Kinzo may have known of if Ryukishi did any real research. I was wondering what your opinion on it might be. Since it basically fits a lot of what we've been told about Beatrice and Kinzo. it might just be a coincidence in the name.
Golden Dawn is basically how we imagine magic has to look now -- the single biggest influence on anything that came afterwards, in particular any kind of fantastic art, anywhere. Even if Ryukishi did not mean Golden Dawn specifically, he would not escape it's influence, because of how ubiquitous it is. I must say, though, that there are no examples of magic in Umineko I could attribute to Golden Dawn occultism. The seals and the demons are all from the Keys of Solomon, which is older than Golden Dawn and is actually one of the bigger influences on it, in turn. The interpretation of magic delivered through Maria matches nothing that calls itself "a tradition of magical practice", though I see people do it now and again they are usually self-taught and are not part of a community more serious than an online forum. Things Kinzo is actually shown doing are much closer to chaos magic teachings which became popular after Lorenz and his butterfly effect became a prominent influence on magical thought.

So I wouldn't pay too much attention to that, though you might find a parallel or two.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote