View Single Post
Old 2010-07-26, 02:26   Link #14582
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Not to mention how were we supposed to guess from arc 1-2 that Eva was the only survivor in the "real" rokkenjima?
One more thing making me believe the future is also all a lie. 07151129, I used to think it was revelant... however now I do not.
I feel like the future scenes are filed with red herrings to make us believe the events of Rokkenjima are all some sort of super conspiracy theory alike Higurashi.

Ange's fragmented memory from arc 6 doesn't help... it's like her memory of arc 4 is limited to ... the written scenes of arc 4. Meaning she was also just a piece.

In arc 1-2 we probably whinned too much about how the entire crimes would be solved once the storm was over so it was unfair to not tell us the future result. That or we believed we'd get many clues from the future. In the end, I think the real clues hidden in the future are to make a parallel between Ange-Maria and Battler-Beatrice. Basically Maria's diary was the real important thing. Odd in a way, using scenes in the future that are at best uncertain to show us important events that occured before Umineko.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote