View Single Post
Old 2012-12-13, 01:09   Link #189
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
By the director of death note if it makes you feel better.... love them or loathe them Tetsuro Araki was pretty faithful to both Death Note and High School of the Dead, he even put in a scene earlier for HSotD because he knew "fans" wanted to see that... "I'm wet".

I really don't know how a series that was mostly at fault due to Yoshino being a complete hack has any bearing on something with a source material as great as Kyojin. The writer for this is Yasuko Kobayashi and not Yoshino, that by itself is addition by subtraction and than you see that Yaskuo is in charge of writing the currently airing Jojo's Bizarre Adventures... seems the manga fanbase of that is pretty happy with her job... she also helped out on Death Note.
oh ok, guess it balances it out. . .although I didn't really like the second half of death note but still. . .the manga's plot moves at a snails pace though (thanks to the source material author) but then monthly mangas are like that (except for fma. . .that one had like 55-60 pages per chapter and lots of stuff happening in each chap. . .so you felt really satisfied. . .even with cliffhangers) so that may cause some problems for the anime. . .I'm not keeping my hopes really high. . .more like at a moderate pace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Oh give me a break. A director has oversight over the writers. If he didn't think Yoshino was giving good ideas for GC, he could have changed them. He did a great job on Death Note, but then you have to remember in HoTD he went fucking crazy with boob bouncing. The manga didn't necessarily have all that boob physics, even if it definitely had a lot of fanservice. He turned HoTD into an utterly repulsive work. That's all him.

There are certainly people with worse track records out there, and he's certainly not inherently incompetent, but he's not as blameless as you make him out to be.

Well LOL there's no boobs in this one so at least we're safe from all that nonsense hahaha
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote