Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-25, 11:36   Link #2197
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Fighting against a wave
I'd point out in particular .. on this map, the entire team went the other way leaving Sume, myself and maybe one/two other tanks to defend the entire flank and middle field. I went "middle-ish" hoping to provide some cover and vision.. only to see an entire wave fall like an avalanche onto the town.

This is another case where I'd advocate being aggressive was more effective than being passive and maybe doing a bit more damage.. You can see from the XP roll that I wasn't one of the top performers -- But my death was disruptive enough to be worthwhile. Why? Cause I helped slow down their advance. You can see that I tossed a couple of snipe shots at the tanks moving forward, but without my tank being physically there, the tanks behind the KV-5 would've kept rolling forward instead of stopping to shoot me. Once a tank stops .. once a tanker changes his mentality to caution -- it takes them a while to get moving again ..

PS: You can imagine me screaming: "Nooooooooo!" -- as I rush towards the KV-5 shooting Sume/Dai