View Single Post
Old 2012-03-31, 19:12   Link #28292
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
Fantasy is heartwarming right in arc 1.
Battler at one points breaks down and start crying and ask for Beatrice to make a murder that definitively couldn't have been done by humans, so they would stop being at each other's throat from the start.

Also, what about things like when Natsuhi enters Kinzo's room and he tells her a speech about how she inherited his will and has the eagle engraved in her heart and all that. Or iono, like broken down Kinzo crying and having Beatrice saying "you fool.... without love you cannot see me" or something like that? What about arc 3 where "good witch and bad witch" are put into opposition (twice, Virgilia vs Beatrice at first, and Beatrice vs Eva Beato later)?

You can find many if you try to. Well you did say "correct me if I'm wrong", so done.
Sorry, but I think you misunderstood me. For me at least it is Fantasy =/= Fiction/Lie.
Tell me honestly... when you read/watched EP1, did you really know that Kinzo's talk with Natsuhi was a delusion/lie? Or were you convinced that the death of Kanon was a fake scene or just really magic? I at least didn't. The setting was completly that of a mystery. Unlike the later Episodes, the scenes without Battler lacked the usual "magic shows".

And in EP2-4 most magic scenes, where something good happened, ended with a tragedy. In EP2 all happy magic scenes ended up with everyones death at the end. First Jessica and Kanon, then George and Shanon. In EP3 similary, after Beato finally did something good, Eva-Beato fries her... and the reason why it stopped was a META scene and additionally it was done by Battler who was clearly Anti-Fantasy.

Now that I think about it... wasn't almost every death in EP2-4 a horror-fantasy?
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote