Thread: Licensed Genshiken 2 (Nidaime)
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-29, 23:41   Link #249
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I don't think I'm trying to make you care, either. I only want to show you that it's not unbelievable or impossible. The fictional character could be based on the author's perception and experience, and it's easy to just say it's unrealistic because you can't relate to what he/she's thinking. The only reason you felt it's "forced" because it doesn't happen around you.
Jesus Christ, you have the worst reading comprehension out of anyone I've ever encountered on the Internet.

I never said "pushing the person one likes towards another so it'll be easier for them to give up" is unbelievable, impossible, unrealistic or forced. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Now, listen and pay close attention so I don't have to repeat myself yet again. I perfectly and completely understand your little rationale of "oh I don't want to in a relationship, but I fell in love with this person, so now I'm going to try and push them to be with someone else, so it'll be easier for me to give up on them", but that's beside the point.

The point is, even if that's your reason for engaging in such behavior, it is not necessarily Sue's. And as I've already shown, I can think of a bunch of other reasons for her action of pushing Madarame towards Hato. HOWEVER, this does not mean I don't understand your reason, only that I find it less likely to apply to Sue, taking into consideration her personality, something you fail to do.

Furthermore, and this is where you completely failed in reading comprehension, what I said was unrealistic/unbelievable/forced was her crush on Madarame as a whole. Not her action of pushing him towards Hato despite being in love with him. I can easily think of reasons for that, as well as understand the one you cite, which is indeed a possible one, but not the only one, nor the most likely one if you take the character into consideration.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote