View Single Post
Old 2014-01-23, 07:28   Link #62
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
You shouldn't ignore my point about SRW is in decline. I think they didn't intend for Z3 to be on PS3. It's just there because the Vita's userbase is low, and they don't want to keep the game on the PSP. Also, OGs 2nd was in planning longer than Z3. It was in at least 5 years for developing, and then the delay. This is not a full blown PS3 game, period.

And you can't just port an engine to HD. The sprites need to be redraw.
I didn't ignore. I just didn't respond because I don't necessarilly disagree. And I do agree that Z3 was probably not originally meant for the PS3 (one look at the combat animations and the 2D map layout will tell that story), though considering how anticipated fans have been for this game, it should have been. And it still doesn't change how crappy it looks as a PS3 game.

And I wasn't speaking with tehnological accuracy. But what they pretty much did was take the Z2 engine and plug it in Z3. The way the Arbalest (rather clumsy-looking-ly) runs over to Gaul's Codarl to attack it was pretty much ripped straight out of how such running-across-the-screen animations appeared in Z2. The only improvements is that it looks slightly more fluid due to the higher processing power and the HD-quality picture. (if it didin't meet these two criteria as the bare minimum, this game would be a total failure as a PSV game even)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Toori View Post
Sorry but I have to disagree about this. I only own a PS3 and I really want SRW Z3 so I can't accept you saying this game is just enough for vita
Many people still want it on PS3 even when they knew about the animation or 2D/head map.
If you can't stand 2D map on PS3 then buy that vita version, or just replay those amazing OG series maybe?

It's still better we get traditional SRW with HD sprites (with some get new sprites like Shin Getter, Shin Mazinger, Destiny, etc) rather than just copy-paste old sprites like on @1->@G or @2->@3 or OGS->OGG IMO.

And I agree with Duo about SRW sales is in decline
Sorry, but graphics-wise this is not in any way a PS3 game, whether it was originally intended to be one or not. It's nice that PS3-only gamers like you (I also have one in addition to a PSV) will be able to get it, but that's completely beside the point. SRW players who want Z3 and don't have a PSV will boost sales for the PS3 version, sure, but that doesn't change the fact that this game is clearly not making any real use of the PS3's capabilities.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2014-01-23 at 07:38.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote