View Single Post
Old 2016-03-29, 12:55   Link #23
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henshinagogobaby View Post
Just because Shinra admits his actions are bad, it doesn't make them any less bad. I had no respect for his character throughout the series; I tried liking him, I really did, but he just came across to me as a weirdo who's love is really just an obsession. To me, it looked as if Celty acquired Stockholm Syndrome; she just came around to Shinra's way of thinking after a while and she's way too nice for her own good to stick up for herself or call out her loved one's actions, forgiving him too easily. (When this is lampshaded by Namie of all people, you know it's bad) He's not as sick as Seiji, (a nutjob if I ever saw one) but it's the reverse with Shinra: wants the body, could care less what happens to her head.

Plus it's a wasted opportunity. If Celty wasn't so stubborn and stayed of her own accord, she could've lived with the cast of characters and have her head finally speak for her, instead of always relying on that stupid phone. (If Anri can live with Saika inside her, Celty could live with her head by her side, maybe even use her shadow powers to keep it "attached".) Her facial expression as Shinra was sent to flying to where she was in the sky was hilarious. And even if she left, couldn't they have faith that she will eventually return to them? Shooter the horse didn't want to leave, it grew too attached to its surroundings. Or is there some mystical power at work here, compelling her to leave?
Celty explained at some point (in a voiceover?) that she and her head were different personalities. So that's potentially three different "Celty"s. The body, the head, and the body + head. They're obviously not completely independent, but they're not the same. And Shinra's in love with the body, not the body + head.

Also, having Nebula keep the head during Shinra's lifetime was the plan, before Kujiragi derailed things.

Shinra's still a villain, but I don't think things are that bad for Celty.