View Single Post
Old 2016-03-29, 13:27   Link #25
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henshinagogobaby View Post
@Nachtwandler More power to you. Wasn't derailing anyone for liking Shinra and his thing with Celty. I personally just can't bring myself to like the character himself; comes across as an obsessed weirdo who can't let go.

@Anh_Minh The show wasn't too clear on her biology and how her consciousness works. Not once in the show did the head exhibit a will of its own (i.e.Talking, moving, sharing thoughts with others, etc) When both head and body are together, it's implied that her past memories are flowing into her and that she had to resume her "duty" to shepherd the dead to the afterlife. However, I don't think her head "overrode" the body; I think Celty just felt guilty over how much trouble her presence in the city affected others and tried to leave.

Shinra "forcing" her to stay by lopping off her head (which is weird in and of itself, what the hell did he slash, the "neck"? The black energy surrounding the head?) is a villainous action since he's not giving her the choice to decide what she wants. It's what he wants that's important in the end...and he knows this.
True. But even after he slashed her once, she could have caught her head again.

Quote:
What does he care what some shady organization is going to do with his lover's head, when he can stay with the body? You think Celty would be more concerned over this. It's no guarantee that she'll find her head again after Shinra dies or Nebula will let her reunite with her head after all of this is done.
Also true. But that's tomorrow's problem. She's made her own choice, there.