View Single Post
Old 2010-05-08, 00:15   Link #921
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
My question is, should they fight,
Well... it's The Destroyers object to whip out all life and Priscilla does seem to have an appetite, so there goals really conflict.

What Priscilla would need to consider before directly attacking The Destroyer is if I attack now can I win?
  • If yes, will I have enough power to hold off the worst the rest of the island can throw at me.
  • If not, at what point do it become necessity to attack her in order to have enough food left to survive. Then compare the above answers to this... at what point between those points is it safest for me to attack with the least long term risk.

The questions for The Destroyer are far more complicated due to her mental abilities being such an unknown at this point. Also we don't know yet if The Destroyer has sensed Priscilla... nor if she can move yet...

Assuming The Destroyer has enough cognitive ability to form a long term plan. Sh should ask herself is... If I attack Priscilla can I win?

If yes, will I still have enough power to whip out the rest of the life on the island, even if they gain up and do a massive retaliation against me? or does my long term plans come to risk by attacking Priscilla now?

If no, how do I go about whipping out as much of her food source as quickly as possible so her death is all but guaranteed? If I do this when I expect a counter attack and how can i make things harder for her to beat me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
does anyone realistically expect either to survive if Miria/other Ghosts show up in the immediate aftermath of victory?
That depend on the magitude of the difference between the twos power... in short how weakened will the winner be after the fight... If the winner is only taken down 50% I doubt Miria will stand a chance unless her opening move goes unspotted and heard. However if there near death, like Isley was after fighting Luciela then victory is all but inevitable.

That assumes nothing drastic happens to prevent one from taking advantage of that opportunity. Bare in mind that Miria might not be going west but east, so how could she kill the winner if she traveled in the wrong direction... though there others who could likely kill off the winner. However there aren't as many as there where...

If Miria is nearby and can track down the winner at a point near death or if it's a one sided fight than track down the fleeing loser (So, assuming Priscilla doesn't successfully use her masking ability to just disappear after the fight) then I expect Miria will finish off the winner or any other ghost up to the challenge. However Miria's speed and her masked aura defiantly would give her an edge in a sneak attack on a wounded foe as you pointed out... I just hope it's enough of one to survive the encounter.