View Single Post
Old 2011-08-02, 13:33   Link #53
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
How could Nako's mom maintain that figure after having so many kids?
It can happen - I know a lady who has had 14 children. She still looks like she did when she was in her early 20's (she is in her late 40's now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
As always, personal taste is a weird thing - I never would have guessed, but I sort of liked that ep. It was still a waste of time, but an enjoyable one I thought. The tone worked for me, and I liked the interactions between Nako and her family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I actually liked seeing Nako trying to forge a path of self-discovery, because I used to think that's what this series was about and if we're not going to see that with Ohana, at least let's see it with Nako....

...But as so often lately, I'm finding myself uncomfortable about what message HanaIro is trying to send....
These two quotes in particular stood out, not just in relation to your personal reactions to this ep (and perhaps the last mini arc?) but with other people's "negative" reactions as well ... including perhaps my own?

I have been wondering whether or no having a "this is the purpose of the series" may be getting in the way some from the viewers being able to appreciate the series? I don't think it is bad, mind you, to approach a series from that perspective. But I wonder whether or no it can sometimes get in the way?

I am not "accusing" any individual per se - I am just wondering. I have not really come to the series with an overarching theme in mind, and while I have been somewhat disappointed by certain episodes or mini-arcs, it was never as "intense" as other posters expressed it, it seems.

It seems some of the posters who most expressed their dislike of Hanasaku eps came from the perspective of something like "this makes no sense in light of what I understand the overall message of the series to be" and "what is the director DOING?! isn't there contradiction going on message wise?" ... things like that.

It may be possible that this might be "getting in the way" a little of the series, perhaps. Maybe? Just thought I would throw the idea out there....