View Single Post
Old 2013-01-25, 17:27   Link #53
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstorm View Post
You might be interested in this thread. (Aside to Mods: I tried looking for it by searching for "moe" in the title, but I didn't get a single hit. Had to search by user; if I hadn't known about that thread beforehand, I probably wouldn't have found it. I think it's that the board software has trouble with three-letter-word searches; another board with the same software [though not necessarily version] didn't allow 3-letter searches at all.)

For me, moe is more about attitude and behaviour. There has to be some sort of spark, at least, if not a bushfire. I'm a cynic, and I like seeing people hold on to a more optimistic attitude. But it can't just be mindless or oblivious. There has to be a sense of awarenes, a sense of decision. So it's definitely not babies for me. It's more about a sense of loss, and trying to hold on to what's there, or regaining it. This can go in very different reactions: Tooru (A-channel), Yomura Kirika (Noir), Kuronoma Sawako (Kimi ni Todoke), Isurugi Noe (True Tears), Sawatari Fuu (Tamayura); all very different characters, but they give me - at heart - a comparable feeling.

It's got nothing to do with sex, nor has it anything to with wanting to protect. It's more like wanting to root for something I can't really believe in. It's like re-discovering my inner flame, even if only in fiction.
Yea, I searched first for "moe" threads too, but didnt get any hits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Moe is very broad.... Like the above post... Its character, attitude and gesture plus the perception of the audience on what Moe is for them.
Which is why I opened this thread. I wanna hear how moe affects others, we dont all feel moe the same.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote