View Single Post
Old 2007-05-20, 21:55   Link #220
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
Just to clarify something if it hasn't already been done:

When Nanoha commands Raising Heart to "Mode Release", she isn't removing a power limiter from her device, she is commanding her device to shut down. If you haven't already noticed, the animation after that was Raising Heart changing from device form to dormant jewel form.

I suspect that Nanoha could have easily blocked the knife attack with a second barrier, but in this case she wanted to get hurt to teach her students an important lesson: you act reckless and the people you work with will get hurt.

Which goes back to the A's to StrikerS manga and what Nanoha said to Vita during "the event": "I'm sorry, it was my mistake..." (or something along those lines). Nanoha was known to act recklessly herself in the past, rushing headlong into things. Something must have happened to change her attitude, and that something is what she is trying to convey to her students.

I think Icarus made a good point here.

Otherwise, I think she might be trying to convey another message as well. Things don't always go as you plan, and an all-out attack that leaves you naked (so to speak) is going to kill you once things go unexpected. Note how shocked those two were when Nanoha disabled RH's Device Mode, and chose to go melee on them. They clearly didn't expect this turn of events, nor Nanoha not going "Nihaha, it's alright. We all make mistakes~" for once.

Subaru's naivety, and perhaps, even Tia's, since she actually agreed with her about Nanoha going easy on them despite the obvious problems this would cause.
Like what Nanoha said, what they were doing was no longer within training boundaries, but was something akin to "kill-or-be-killed". Had they faced a real enemy, s/he would not warn Subaru about reckless maneuvers. The moment Subaru was thrown off, the opponent could have followed it up with a bind and/or a finishing blow.

The second shot was to show them what IS going to happen in real-life.

Perhaps Nanoha herself was to be blamed for being too kind to them.