View Single Post
Old 2013-01-10, 17:04   Link #1367
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
Wait, so the second season is gonna be in 2016?!?! where did you hear all of that from?? From the way the manga is going now, by the time ep 26 hits, he could be VER close to finishing the show, he'd just need the show to not run for the second 2-cour part, and just run the rest of the anime after that for 26 more eps...

I don't mind the pacing issues blah blah blah, I just get annoyed at the fact that studios cream their pants too soon by jumping the gun and adapting a series in which the source material is no where near complete i.e. zetman, Naruto deadman wonderland, chrome shelled regios, d.gray man, bleach, soul eater . . .I can go on for days listing shows like that.

If this is gonna be another one like that, then I'll just marathon it when it's done.
Well....from a business point of view, if a series isn't attracting the ratings/demographic that the producers of the anime want, then of course, it's probaly going to be canceled. I'm not at all familar with how Japanese television works obviously, but I would imagine if something's not gelling with its intended audience, why waste money on producing more episodes?

And while I don't know anything about the shows you mentioned, Bleach needed to die. So does Naruto.

And besides, if a series goes on for a long time, it loses steam and starts going downhill...which is what happened to Bleach. Oda and One Piece just hit the jackpot.

Quote:
Also, it seems in the Manga/anime world, a lot of creators develop "George R.R. Martin syndrome"
LOL. Wut?

Maybe I just haven't seen anything that comes close like that...though I hear that the author of Berserk just publishes whenever...same with the artist who does Hunter X Hunter

Quote:
but most of those that I mentioned? all of those had the author pretty much writing themselves into a corner, meander with the story for way too long, and find themselves at a loss of how to end their story. . .
Another thing I just thought of...sometimes by the time a series is at its end, the anime team runs out of material to cover and has to write an ending that doesn't necessarily make sense.

Didn't the mangaka of D Grayman stop for awhile since they were in the hospital?

Quote:
This is pretty much my main gripe with anime/manga at this point. Stories have a beginning middle and end. . . not a beginning, and middle that goes on for years and years and years to either have some abrupt b.s. end (Negima, although that wasn't really all Ken's fault) or just. . .never end.

I think if authors really buckled down and got serious about making a cohesive story and got the the point, then it would be a lot better for everyone involved, Animes could be made that had satisfying stories at a decent length, mangakas would be able to make more money since their story is going to have its popularity boosted by going to anime and not having to worry about catching up to unfinished material, which would increase the amount of great titles to choose from, which would in turn, encourage more people to buy those titles...and on and on.

but there's a lot of short sightedness in Japan (in a variety of entertainment industries. . .speaking from experience) in which everyone sacrifices long term growth, for short term gains (happens in the states too but Japan its really surprising how much MORE it happens there.)

Again, Japan has their own set of rules for what makes a series sucessful.

In this case, since its characters are in the polls in anime magazines, I'm sure Magi will be around for quite some time.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote