View Single Post
Old 2011-03-07, 14:36   Link #1087
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That's one of the key problems with the "Homura = future Madoka" theory, yeah.

However, going by my extension off of it, maybe becoming a witch truly twisted original Madoka into the Homura that she is now. :shrug:

The "Homura = future Madoka" theory certainly isn't the only possibility, of course. It's just my somewhat educated guess here given those magazine reveals.

Whatever Episode 10 reveals, I'm looking forward to it. It'll be great to finally know who exactly Homura is...
Alternatively, the reason Homura (future Madoka) is so obsessed with present Madoka is that she knows exactly how horrible things will get if she turns into a witch. Let's say your theory is true, Madoka turned into a witch, and murders a huge amount of people or nearly destroys the world. It's possible Homura's focusing on her present self because she sees her as by far the biggest threat and number one thing to stop.

Or maybe this Madoka has a cynical view of the world for different reasons. She may have gone through these events multiple times, or what Triple_R said happened, or maybe there's other reason. But it's not impossible for Madoka to have lost her kind nature due to events we don't know yet. She's shown hints of concern after all, for Mami when she died (and before she fought Charlotte), and for Kyoko when she knew she was going to get herself killed.