View Single Post
Old 2012-06-30, 12:39   Link #69
longguilol

Through debates on other forums, the criteria or the battle attributes were chosen as follows:

1. Offense
2. Defense
3. Speed
4. Intelligence
5. Durability
6. Stamina
7. *Miscellaneous

Along with the following definitions:

Quote:
1. Offense
Based on: pure attacking power {MPF competition is good example}, physical strength, combat experience & combat skill {hand-to-hand, swordsmanship, etc}, maximum amount of damage that can be inflicted on an opponent, attack range & versatility, magical diversity (ability to use various magical elements).

2. Defense
Based on: defensive techniques & skill, magic nullifying & suppressing abilities; basically abilities that shield a character from taking damage.

3. Speed
Based on: outright moving speed, reflexes, reactions, balance, etc.

4. Intelligence
Based on: perception, critical thinking, strategic & tactical awareness, logical deduction skills, adaptability, and analytical ability i.e. ability to analyze an opponent for potential weaknesses, etc.

5. Durability
Based on endurance, ability to cope with damage when taken, ability to cope with fatigue & stress, maximum amount of damage that can be taken, physical condition, age, etc.

6. Stamina
Based on: amount of raw magic one holds. More magic equals more spells that can be cast, which in turn allows for an extended battle time. Also based on physical conditioning, age, magic absorption abilities {to rejuvenate magic supply}, etc.
We could:

a) initiate a new debate from scratch as to what the battle attributes should be
b) continue debating from what we have above
c) go along with the above criteria and just get everyone's opinions on what they think each character's stats/ability ratings ought to be.

I agree with the "rating" was entirely fictional (based on some sort of fan consensus) emphasis, so it will not be used in 'versus' discussions which tend to be highly specialized/circumstantial.

As for the character ratings, fans could either have the option of discussing them in the forum, or rating them via a poll (since I imagine many won't have the time to write a thorough analysis and will just want to weigh in with their opinions).

The poll for each character will be based on the chosen battle attributes, a template would be as follows:

IMO, polling/discussion of ratings should be open to all characters, as doing them individually will take a substantial amount of time. But I'm open to doing it to what you see fit.
longguilol is offline   Reply With Quote