View Single Post
Old 2012-07-09, 04:26   Link #62
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
It isn't.
How is it not? Ezelcant himself said his definition of Eden is a world without war.
Quote:
Ezelcant's revolution requires a lot of dead bodies for utopia. Ezelcant became insane because of his son's death.
That much is certain.
Quote:
He did really think Kio was Romy reincarnated. This isn't Aquarion!

Believing his son would be reincarnated on Earth resulted to his self made religion that he is sucking the Vegan's with. That their souls would return to Earth.
I wouldn't go as far as to claim any of that. Ezelcant may be insane, but he's not that insane.
Quote:
With a 20% death rate among Vegans, it was probably less when Ezelcant was not in charge, Ezelcant beliveid that is the natural order of things that the strong survive and the weak die.

The partial EXA-DB in his view validated his belief as humans always had cycles of war and peace. He wanted to make a war so terrible that humanity wont consider it.
Actually, according to this episode, Ezelcant is using the conflict to force humanity to evolve and create a superior race that will be intelligent enough (or so he imagines) to reject war on their own and thus create his ideal Eden.

But my point is, why is Ezelcant so adamant about this world without war when his own reality doesn't suffer much from it? Can't the writers for AGE choose a better reason? Failing that, they could've at least created a more appropriate setting.

I don't know, maybe they just want to show how much of a troublemaker Ezelcant is, creating a problem where there is none. But if that really is the intention, then he may just be the least interesting Gundam antagonist to me yet.

Last edited by monster; 2012-07-09 at 04:37.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote