View Single Post
Old 2010-01-14, 00:24   Link #1253
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueCaptain View Post
I have just recently started to watch this series, so far it's been really enjoyable and the interaction between the members of the Orginization have been really interesting, especially the episode I am on curretly where a guy in green robes and a girl are watching some members take on a male awakened being. So far the action has been pretty much top notch and the back story on Therese was really touching, this series has really suprised me and is quickly rising within the anime ranks in my book, I'm glad I decided to give it a shot!

One thing thats annoying, but yet kind of funny, is the way the blood sprays when someone gets injured or dies, it's not really a complaint but more of an observation but in it's own way it's damn funny. I do hope they continue this series someday though, from what I read they only covered a mere portion of the manga and there is lot's more story to be told within the Claymore realm, maybe someday we will get lucky and be treated to it....
Welcome and I'm glad your enjoying it!

The blood sprays in the anime are the anime producers interpretation of the mangas blood squirts. The manga's creator/artist, Norihiro Yagi, seems to prefer blood squirts over blood stained outfits (even though they're white... ), though he does like missing pieces of clothing . Explaining it seems pointless... since it's kinda a trademark of Claymore and its purpose is clear (to sensationalize the injury in as few panels as possible). However the purple yoma blood isn't in the manga... that's all the anime's artists decision. Which was very... odd... since purple blood would mean that you can detect yoma without "Claymores". Back to my point, Just get used to there being no blood or far too much...

Spoiler for Claymore "wound" Jokes... (without spoilers based on your last posted read to/Watched up to point):

Your right the anime covers up to about chapter 54, then deviates from the manga (up till chapter 60), and then adds a bit. So, be prepared for a bit of a feeling that the anime gets rushed at the end... I personally still loved it (I say the anime first too. Even after reading the manga I still find the anime's end good, however it doesn't hold a candle to what the manga does in the same part.)

As you should know by now the manga right now is up to Chapter 99 (which I highly suggest you read, if you haven't yet). So, if there is going to be a new season for the anime that comprises about the same number of chapters... then it should go into production soonish. I know... a really scientific measurement there.

Also please note that though the anime is fairly loyal to the manga... there is little bit that were cut from the manga (including a few key explanations of charters actions and behaviors. Such as a Teresa thinking of her past and which pretty much explains her early attitude before Clare changed her.). So, it's still rewarding to read the manga too. If you want to start were the changes really kick in start with the Battle in the North at chapter 50. You could start midway though that arc at chapter 55 though I'd find it a weird place to start... But if you start out at the manga/anime divergence point, then please read the early chapters of the manga later to see the missing pieces that didn't make it to the anime, they're worth it. On a side note: The manga's fights are for the most part quicker and more brutal, when the animes are a bit flashier and, for the most part, are more drawn out.

I, unlike some others here, believe the anime can be salvaged, without writing out a few episodes, and still be almost, if not, exactly where it should have been at Chapter 62. (Oh, and when/if you read the manga after seeing the anime... realize that the manga took 1 chapter to end the arc (The Gap from Chapter 60 to Chapter 62... where the anime season 2 should start.) When the anime took two whole episodes.) However, even still, I would prefer if they did write-out those episodes and stayed faithful to the manga... it's that good. That is... unless Yagi himself wrote the tie-in episodes (since I'd love to see how he would do it ).