View Single Post
Old 2010-02-27, 23:51   Link #1
Falkor

Yasashii Sekai no Tsukurikata [A Way to Make a Gentle World]

roughly translated as A Method to Make the Gentle World.

manga by TAKEBA Kumiko and serialized in Dengeki Daioh Genesis. only one chapter has been so far scanlated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-U
Yuu Tomonoga is a genius who was accepted to an American university at the young age of 13 and later accepted into the university's graduate program. Unfortunately, he loses funding for his research, but decides to drop out and continue the research on his own. He travels back to Japan in hopes of getting funding, but he quickly runs out of money for daily living. Luckily, he gets a call from an old friend and accepts his offer to teach at an all-girls school.
Link

a few comments:

this manga caught my attention the other day. there's only one chapter available, but it already looks very promising and interesting. I liked what little of story we got so far; I also liked the art and the character designs (the girls in particular are very pleasing to the eyes; and they are easy to tell apart, too). glasses teacher, surprisingly enough, does not annoy me in the slightest, even though he is the male character. he has this "I-don't-belong-here" look/attitude that it's so very entertaining and refreshing to see, especially when interacting with the girls (his reaction and embarrassment was certainly priceless, like the moment "that" question/remark came up).

I can't quite remember that many manga (or anime) where you have a math-loving-girl. she not only appears to be very good at it, but she is also very interested in the subject. maybe that's why she caught my attention, and it's now the one character I'm liking the most (oh and she looks somewhat mysterious). next one would be that black-haired girl, who didn't have that many lines or any particular scene of importance. but she is giving away these evil vibes of someone who would scheme "interesting" situations just for fun; and I can't help but enjoy this kind of character whenever I see it---I get the feeling I'm going to like her even more. (oh and her character design is reminding of someone I've seen before, but can't quite remember).

by the way, I spotted a hand-holding scene (which happens to be in an all-girls school), but I don't want to read too much between the lines. :P

hopefully this is not a short-lived manga. I would really hate to see it end soon.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote