View Single Post
Old 2011-11-23, 08:53   Link #924
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etheral View Post
I don't think you understood anything I was trying to say. I'm just pointing out Raki will not be killed because of the type of character he is to the story. I'm not saying he survived Priscilla and should have died. I'm saying that the plot is designed so that he will never die, the author won't kill him (The plot will still be crafted well, but it will protect him.), that is my belief. He may witness Claire's death (hypothetical) and the emotional ending will come, but the author will never make it the other way around. This is not a critique of the author either, it would be unsatisfying if he did die.

I'm not upset and the author did give a good explanation. It was more original than his willpower, which was funny for the author to add and the joke fit perfectly to me.

Again, to make myself clear, I'm not criticizing the author. I merely stated Raki will never get killed, he will only get hurt and then heal afterwards. I can think he may be severely wounded at some point or lose an eye, but I don't think he will be killed. I don't have some grudge or anything, but Raki is not only the everyman character, he is also the sole witness. Sure he may have gotten an upgrade, but he is always going to be the sidekick that somehow stays alive throughout the Manga.

I said you proved my point because the plot did protect Raki. I know the explanation is good and I actually was happy about that smell thing, which was one hundred times better than the reason in the Anime. The point is that if Raki runs into an overwhelming evil character he will not die because the plot won't allow it, there will always be an explanation of why. I enjoyed his upgrade and he is a major driving force in the plot, and serves his purpose well.
Uh huh....okay, I get what your trying to say.

Though I think what may have pushed the confusion is our differing opinions on this - in that I don't agree Raki is invincible; no character is so important that they are irreplacable and will never be killed.

I want him to live, sure, but I wouldn't be worried about his brushes with death if I knew he was never going to die. Little I can say to show why, other then that's my own belief. It does seem like Yagi definitely has shown favoritism to certain characters by how they can survive seemingly ridiculous situations (to our eventual annoyance), but, as far as we can tell, their is nothing set in stone that says x-character(s) will never be killed.

Well, I guess when the end of the story comes, we'll see who's left and figure out how/why.