View Single Post
Old 2007-11-22, 06:23   Link #43
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Age has nothing to do with it, coz that is what parents, teachers and other people are there for.

Notice how she walked to school alone after the police suspected her. Shouldn't good friends have bundled around her to let her know they are there for her? Nothing better to add fuel to the rumour machine if she is on her own.

Sana is getting the sharp end of bad decisions from his friends and you know what is worse, they still scape goat him for it. I am just happy Sana had enough of being treated like a bag of dog doo and stood up for himself. If he carried on just sucking it up I could see both him and Nanaka breaking down. Instead he (thanks to plot device Asami) was able to lance this poisonous boil. And I fully blame her friends who were there for not being more supportive in the right way.
About her walking alone: it could have been several weeks/months after the fire and the police (we have to remember she broke her legs), so don't jump to conclusion about "no help from friends."

Also, I believe saying that the friends are scapegoating Sana is going too far. We have to remember that Nanako DIDN'T open up (possibly even when friends tried to help), and it seems she entirely relied on Sana, WHO WASN’T THERE FOR HER. Of course, you might ask “why didn’t they contact him,” but it’s probably due to the fact that they probably didn’t know how to reach him, and they didn’t know how much he mattered to Nanako. The friends didn’t make the right decision, but given the circumstances, I can’t blame them.