View Single Post
Old 2008-07-27, 10:33   Link #282
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by March View Post
The story of Macross 7 clearly defines Basara as a plot device and as such it necessitates that we acknowledge his talent as a pilot well above his contemporaries. I have to include him because he is so obviously portrayed as an ace among aces. Having said that, in any other Macross-like combat scenario and without the benefit of Macross 7's absurd plot, It's my opinion Basara would rank near the end of the list and perhaps below even some of The Regulars
Exactly why I can't take people seriously when they list Basara as one of the best pilots, it was so obviously a plot device. Put him in the same Valk as Isamu or Ozma and he would get torn apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
Overall, it seems while the titles do make sense once you seen the whole episode, the synopsis were often focused on insignificant plot points and seems designed to mislead us viewer on the wrong tangent.

Additionally, it seems like whichever female lead is not mentioned in the synopsis usually still have a significant role in the episode.

So while reading advance synopsis is fun, I think in the case of Macross Frontier, the important part of the episode is probably the part they didn't mention in the synopsis.
Yep which is why I'm looking forward to episode 20 since while the synopsis mentions one girl the title clearly is for the other

And I think epiosde 17 will keep this trend going, all signs are pointing at Ozma but I wouldn't be surprised if some of Brera's memories surface and he remembers how he parted with Ranka during the Varja attack. Which is the real reason behind the title of Goodbye Sister.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote