View Single Post
Old 2011-04-13, 21:22   Link #850
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Ah. I see, thanks. As I've done translating for fansubs back in the day, I don't think it would be hard for me. And I've got a good place to start, it's only a matter of my already convoluted schedule
Well, if you've translated from a fansub before, you might be able to do it from just romaji, but some little warning though.

1. Unlike anime, a novel(if this is what you wanted to translate) doesn't have picture to help describe the nuance of each scene, so sometimes a word's two or more meaning can fit the situation well if you don't look at the kanji.

2. Again, unlike anime, where it would seems very awkward if the character talks too long and they have little pause between each words, the sentence in a novel can be quite long sometimes(even more prevalent in "heavier" novel like Dengeki Bunko's one) and the kanji is a good way to break out the words since unlike English, the Japanese doesn't use space to break out words.

Still, please do give it a try. My experience might not apply for you since I learn Japanese from reading instead of hearing. New translators are always welcomed, especially for LN since the translators are always in short supply
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote