Thread: Licensed Tari Tari
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-04, 16:13   Link #1283
Dextro
He Without a Title

Well that was a good episode. Completely cheesy for the last stretch there but I was loving every step of the way. You don't really need everything to be completely realistic every time. Sometimes you need that tiny bit of randomness that makes us, the viewers, smile and enjoy ourselves. I think that a big problem with many anime has been that they just can't lighten up for a tad to let the viewer breathe and they end up either too melodramatic or sprinkled with mood whiplash moments that just swing completely on the opposite direction at random (Kokoro Connect has had a couple such episodes btw).

Also: I just can't believe the timing with Triple_R posting the Power Rangers photoshop and the current episode. They must be watching us! Either that or Triple_R is actually a plant to gauge our interests. Admit it! (JK)

On a more serious note let me add that Hashimoto Masakazu is probably a name to mark down on our watch-list. I know it's a bit early and we should wait for the end of the run but this is his first time writing a TV series he's made a fantastic job at it. Couple that with the very well received Professor Layton movie that he also directed and you have two high positives in a row. I'll stay tuned for what he directs (and/or writes) next at least.