View Single Post
Old 2013-09-10, 21:03   Link #178
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
This is true for the most part. Blades I suspect would be more of an issue here, since there's not a real clear indication of how much gas he has left. This is one of the issues with AoT, that the dwindling of resources tends to be more convenient than realistic. They refueled somewhat recently, so I could see him going on gas long enough. In the case of the FT they're ab it better with breaking blades, and so even if he used Mikasa's they would probably run out without some great planning to avoid that issue. As you said, Mikasa's more of a solo than a team player.
Actually, the series did a good job reminding that ressource is as important as mobility for the soldiers in Shingeki. And I really don't know how they could portray gas left for the characters onscreen besides being overly intrusive with the presentation of the scenes.
That being said, trost battle arc can give a good idea what actually cost more in term of gas, which was illustrated with Mikasa using multiple long burst of gas after her reckless speech.
Quote:
Levi and Mikasa probably wouldn't be able to pull it off without consequence, and frankly if humanity actually succeeded at anything it wouldn't be very consistent with the rest of this series.
It isn't really an issue in term of the rest of the series as in "achieving something" since... it wasn't really in vain (confirmation of the assesment there are more "human titans", spy being present, special titans characteristics being more various they would expect etc).
But really it is a matter of humanity as a whole: either, you
1) bet on the possibility of vainquish a strong titan without any guarantee not to lose two of their best soldiers (arguably the only ones that can make the difference now that Petra & co died) nor the guarantee there aren't even more of them later on (and what I mean is: if there are more than just the colossal, armored and female titan out of the wild).

2) fall back with their best individuals alive who can also testify information and use their experience, allowing preparations for a better plan in the future.

Option n°1 benefits absolutely don't offset the obvious grave risks and losses. If we were to add morale damage because of that... that would be devastating.