View Single Post
Old 2010-11-13, 07:36   Link #2206
magnuskn

Let's leave aside you conveniently forgetting that you falsely accused me of misquoting and never corrected yourself, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
I'm not. She does indeed only mention two reasons. But, if I read you right, you're saying it's impossible (or at least highly unlikely) that she has other reasons as well, and I'm saying that isn't necessarily so.
It is highly unlikely, beside the two reasons stated. Trying to then attribute more reasons to her without any corroborating evidence is just absolute speculation. I really don't understand why you are defending this position as if I just said the theory of relativity is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Okay, now I'm really not following you...expected results often ARE the motivation for undertaking a task, are they not?
Re-read your own sentence again to which I was responding and then my response. What have her expectations for the journey to do with that particular motivation you are mockingly ascribing to her? She clearly wants to communicate with the Vajra, to find the missing aspects of her past. She clearly expects to make peaceful contact. Besides that, we reasonably can expect her to hope that she can find a peaceful resolution between Frontier and the Vajra. We cannot reasonably expect her to have gained some mystical knowledge that she was the sole focus of the Vajra attacks, because there is no evidence for that.