View Single Post
Old 2012-11-01, 15:47   Link #31062
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
I enjoy it that way. It's basically saying that there's no proof that they were good people, there's still some evidence for it.

The whole point is, again, it's a cat box. The goats were trying to eliminate the concepts of the "good versions" of the people in the box using evidence from outside of the box, but those "good version" concepts were still pretty tenacious. They were difficult to completely destroy because there was still some out-of-the-box evidence here and there testifying to their "goodness".

That was my take on it, anyway.
Mmm, yes, I feel mostly the same, especially since the description of how their guns worked in that final battle seemed to be like, say, "Hey, I was TOTALLY capable of murder! *bam* What, you say I killed my daughter? I loved my daughter, though, just ask the other PTA soccer moms!".

I guess I meant moreso their kind of ... cheerful indifference towards the fact they were exploded to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Again, how would this not set off red flags for the police? As far as they know, there may have been an uneducated, undocumented, mistreated slave boy on the island whose very existence has been wiped out by the explosion. Or else the message bottles are inserting a person who doesn't exist.
Sudden flashback to the scene in EP2 where Natsuhi told Shannon she couldn't eat until she'd cleaned ALL the things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
By the way, what's the deal of Ryukishi implying the use of the fairy tale of Hänsel and Gretel in the story?

EG:
Their father was in second marriage with a wife who was a schemer and versions exist where she is
1 - Just their stepmother
2 - Their biological mother

Ange = Gretel

She tried to get rid of the kids so that she and her husband have the money the have for themselves and is implied to be the Witch in the Story as when the Witch died so did their mother.
Ange is Gretel, the sister who saved her brother from the witch's imprisonment

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
It is said they were dead when they were found. Check EP4 Tea Party.
Yup.
The six people were already dead by the time they were discovered!
All were killed by other people!
All six were genuine victims, and did not take part in a mutual murder!
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote