Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-18, 14:13   Link #5293
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Last tank alive, opponent is a higher tier, in heavy cover, and has already killed 8 of my teammates single-handedly. I decided to try my luck anyway but it went about as expected and I immediately started thinking I should have just tried to avoid him for 5 minutes while the timer ticked down.
If you're the last one in your team remaining and there's one enemy tank left, it's usually better to just try your luck and engage a fight with him. If you're lucky, you'll destroy him and win the match. Even if you die, there's a chance of getting a shot or two on him, which will win you extra experience. The only disadvantage of doing this is repair costs and additional ammo costs for your vehicle, which are insignificant in lower tiers. I consider experience to be worth a lot more than credits, so take this as you will.

The alternative where you hide and wait for him to cap your base still results in you losing, but without any additional benefit for you.

Of course, there will be some situations where you are completely outclassed in every way, like if you're a tier 3 light tank and the remaining enemy is a KV-1 (heavily armored tier 5). When that happens, the second option is better.

Also remember Tak's post; his advice is great.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote