View Single Post
Old 2007-06-12, 10:15   Link #53
Hunter Nin.

In the first two episodes she acts as though she has never seen a cloud before in her life (and I think she's over a hundred years old?) yet she can look out the window whenever she feels like. They should really have clarified the details of her condition before they show her looking out a window and then upwards towards the sky because it felt pretty natural for me to assume that her eyes should have turned to dust just like her finger (it is after all sunlight coming in through the window just like when her finger turned to dust). I mean... if they just put her in sunglasses or something. It begs the question why they drew the curtains at all in the previous episodes when she is fine standing before them in this one.

I'm not saying it's wrong because obviously we don't have the full details regarding her condition but I do find it contradictory to what we were lead to believe in the first two episodes and that is why I had a problem with it. I think this is a pretty valid complaint for what is otherwise a very reasonable anime.

For the sake of balance I'll list what I like about this show:

- man with a cool sword and flashy things
- goth-loli who lives in a cardboard box
- the main characters bedroom ceiling
- that it tricked me into thinking it was some heartwarming tale about a boy who takes pictures of the sky when it's really about demons of the night
- that the school uniform makes up for the awful waitress one
- berets

Last edited by Hunter Nin.; 2007-06-12 at 10:25.