View Single Post
Old 2009-05-16, 11:01   Link #44
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I think Hirasawa said something about being almost a Go-getter NEET which must be a little different to actual NEET.

I think this is one of those Japanese terms where subs just don't quite cut it.

Regarding Oosugi. I'm pretty sure he thought calling the police was out of the question since he couldn't speak. It's a mistery how he came to the conclusion that texting his freinds would be harder than posting a web on his phone.

Other than that, I had no real problem with the exposition or comedy bits myself.
A NEET is someone who is not employed and not in school. So a go-getter NEET would be someone who is good at something, but still not employed/in school. So it's like a waste of talent. The Japanese term they use is 凄腕NEET, which literally means what it got translated to, "go-getter NEET". Hirasawa doesn't think he's a go-getter NEET yet because he isn't good at something like how Micchon is good at programming.

The show is trying to tell us that there are NEETS who aren't totally skill-less bums, and society has ignored them or cast them aside because the NEETs don't fit in, and Akira wants people to be NEETs so the companies get off their high horses instead of making the NEETs conform to society.