Thread: Licensed Katanagatari
View Single Post
Old 2010-01-27, 23:18   Link #262
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Have to thank Mazui first before I start my rant. The subs most probably made the episode much more enjoyable than, say, if I watched it RAW. I probably would have been one of the annoyed ones who thought there wasn't enough fighting. I think this show will be best enjoyed when the dialogues are understood to the dot. Since most of us lacks in the language, I think it's best hold the watch until a sub is available. Once again, thank you Mazui. To continue

... Fantastic first episode as far as the dialogues are concerned. The most impressive line's being Shichika's query followed by his own assertion, "I'm not that smart. Something as complicated won't get through to me." And then our ninja reveals the identity of our quirky heroine as the daughter of Hida Takahito. The best line in that episode follows right about there in the form of a self observant query, "She was willing to ask for help from her father's enemy to collect those swords? Even though I'm the son of the enemy..." He then continues, "Hey, is there anyone else who knows about Togame's secret?" He would shortly declare there after that he would follow Togame because he had fallen for her.

The amazing part about that portion is that how it connected the portion at the beginning along with the exchange of dialogues where their respective fathers had, and the last words uttered by the defeated. No wonder Shichika wants to help out Togame. He is also very modest when he says that he isn't that smart. To understand the scope and the audacity of the act where Togame chose to seek out help from her father's enemy need to have considerable deducing power.

Nisio Isin, have we said enough about him yet?

Like Kaoru, I also am curious about what Shaft/Shinbo combi could have done with this show as far as visual is concerned. However, this show will always have an edge over that combi whenever the need for good movements and choreography is called for. Anyone who has watched Tears to Tiara already know this studio is quite capable at delivering flawless fluid movement. I liked the delivery of the joke, especially Shichika and Nanami's. Nanami's observation at the end was just as comical and quite as alarming. She said if such a weak kid will be able to sustain such journey. So does that mean her feeble appearance is only a ploy to maintain the status quo? She moved quite well to secure those two from the path of those bursting shuriken. God I love Isin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post

EDIT: I expected at least a couple people to question the farfetchness of the cause of her white hair (which does not feel out of place for me because of the random stories that I grew up with), but everyone seem to just accept it so readily.
It didn't go unnoticed. Her hair changed as she was holding the Katana. The reason I'm reluctant to ask why is simply because there are a few Isin reader I recognize in the thread and they just might ogle out or hint the interesting part that is sure to be revealed at due times. Btw, I'll be following this show and the thread. It also means I'll come down hard on those spoiler/hints when I spot them.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote