View Single Post
Old 2012-04-16, 04:59   Link #81
KaleRylan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korps! View Post
I totally gave up on the idea that EVOL would deliver a solid story at this point, it's more like they decide to use the first Aquarion's rebirth of love theme to create a serie solely based on ship/troll.

Amata's great plan to defy destiny involves buying Shushu's affection, that's not quite Mykage's level but it's pretty original for sure. Sazanka and Malloy finally reveal their elements, having refrained themselves all this time in order to deliver some puns. Zessica confesses, in front of the whole Neo Deava crew... shuki?

Previous serie's flashback, so what are there two sets of Apollo and Sylvie?
Well, given that theme of the franchise IS rebirth of love, a series based on shipping seems reasonable, but I agree with you that there seems to be a bit too much creator trolling going on at this stage.

I'm still somewhat hopeful, but it seems like this series might end up sacrificing nearly all its main characters' popularity just to hide who the OTP is. I'd rather just know the reincarnations and then have a unique plot than have this whole who's who thing going on. It actually makes the characters' feelings seem less important than if they just told us the reincarnations and went from there.