View Single Post
Old 2012-06-22, 05:04   Link #3294
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
I'm atheist and I do agree with that. Used to be quite arguable in these matters a few years ago. Today, most of the time I just prefer the live and let live option. All the other people in my workplace have a religion, they know I'm an atheist and I get along with them just fine.

There was actually only one time the past 2 years that I got into a semi-serious religious argument. Believe it or not, in a massage parlor. Halfway during the session, the masseuse asked if I had religion - to which I casually answered none (in the casual tone that I use at work). Suddenly her manner of speaking changed and I sense the atmosphere become heavy. Considered leaving but the massage fee would be wasted, so I stayed and finished it. It was one of the most awkward massage sessions I ever experienced, and I haven't gone back to that place ever since.
How unprofessional. Nothing like that should ever get in the way of someone doing their job, but especially not something that should be open-minded like that. Hopefully it wasn't anything discouraging for ya.

P.S. I find it really interesting that one of the tags for this thread is "Not a Debate".