View Single Post
Old 2013-01-31, 10:48   Link #3343
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
Well, it's to my understanding that the Progressive series is going to literally show the progression from floor to floor. Well, that would mean that Progressive is probably going to be the series with new content, not included in the Web-novel. Volume 2 is going to include Concerto of Black and White, most likely, which if I'm not mistaken, wasn't complete?

If this is the case, then I'm looking forward to that, as the 2 year gap in SAO is really just too long to leave, while only explaining tiny bits of it. I'm interested to see what kind of boss was the 25th boss, which raped all the clearing guilds. Or why Kirito and Asuna stopped partying up, as they had been doing the first few floors.
If Progressive is going floor for floor and will only release once a year, then it's gonna take a long time to reach the 75th floor.
Plus, I don't think that will work at all. Red Nosed Reindeer is a story on the 46th floor and has a flashback to the lower floors.
Do you think you'll read it if we go at it chronologically and start when Kirito met the Black Cats on the lower floors, have them die later on a few floors up and then cover 20+ floors of him being emogoing solo before fighting the Santa boss and recovering from Sachi's message?

We'll probably still have timeskips but not that big. Concerto of Black and White's quest goes up to the 9th floor so we'll probably skip around until they reach that floor. Kirito did mention that he got a quest sword on that floor on vol10.
We'll also probably get some stories of the Army gaining power and then get defeated on the 25th floor. Kawahara doesn't have to tell a story for each floor as I don't think anything significant would happen every floor. He just needs to have more stories spaced evenly that shows Kirito and some of his interesting adventures, probably some more stories of the other characters like Klein and his guild and tell some of the untold ones(the LC guild crusade, the 50th floor boss fight, etc.)
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote