View Single Post
Old 2007-03-23, 22:12   Link #664
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Also, I think that it is natural for humans to root for those they perceive as on the losing end; almost like the underdog. And to be sure, Suigintou has gone through a lot of suffering, and has gotten the most crap, really, to get where she has in present time, at Megu's side. In that, she is already like the underdog that emerges successful and maybe that is what some see and like in her. Also, the fact that her journey hasn't ended, and she has much to overcome, moves them to root even more for her. Well, I could be wrong.

And well, it's my personal hope against that more good can emerge from her.
I really like the way you presented Gin's situation in RMO, you presented a very negative situation in a very positive way I like it a lot

But in regards to the question why do I like Gin... Hmmm thats a hard one, as each of their characters grow throughout each series with Ouverture really setting the foundation for Gin's character. Which means my feelings for Gin have swung around quite a bit (in a good way).

Hmmm from S1 to thinking wow she's efil (the way she used Sou's medium and messed with Jun's mind and various other scenes) to thinking she's rather pitiful when she dies....

"While Father was making her, he erased her design"

Then with S2, I know many people were wondering how they were going to bring Gin back and who was going to be the villian, but they did a darn good job neh?

With S2 and her interactions with Megu and the reason why she was collecting the Rosa Mystica really impressed me. Not just what she was doing, but they way she did it, she kept so in character, which is one of the things I like so much about Rozen Maiden, no one's characters suddenly change or miraculously heals (Jun for example). If we could see Gin's tree right now, I would say that in the cold snowy dark land scape full of broken dolls a sapling is sprouting through her relationship with Megu (and maybe a touch of Shinku's apology). I personally don't think her love for Rozen has been that much of a benefit for her or any of the dolls (apart from animating her in the first place).

"On that feeling alone she acted without a medium"

RMO I feel made it difficult for people to really understand Gin (sorry everyone ), the reason why I say this is, it gave an easy target of blaming Shinku for Gin's problems. Gin striking out at Shinku I can understand, but for Gin fans to do so I feel undermines the depth of Gin's character. I really like Lost's POV of RMO as that adds to Gin and I feel the same way about RMO too and I feel it adds to Gin by seeing how much she grows throughout the series. I can't help but feel excited to see more of RM, for all of the maidens (and hopefully to see the BB boil in a pot)

Last edited by grey_moon; 2007-03-23 at 22:49.
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote