View Single Post
Old 2013-05-15, 22:51   Link #31
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Evangelion Live Action wouldn't be feasible at this time especially given the current trends in Hollywood.
Trends can change on a dime, and the best chance for it to get made would be if Pacific Rim is a big hit. Hollywood likes to try to replicate the success of previous hits so another project about giant robots fighting off alien invaders would be given a boost.

Of course, this is subject to any legal issues being ironed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
That tends to be my opinion as well.

I'd probably choose Clannad as the most obvious anime to make live action. However, I think Madoka could work with a high quality Hollywood production, just restore some of the Christian references that were obscured in the Japanese version. Heck, the Sayaka and Kyoko arc is basically an evangelical tale of sin and damnation, with the ending being a passion play.
Hollywood isn't going to see any money in any of this, so none of these projects are going to see much (if any) money. Taiwan and Korea are interested in shows pairing off pretty boys with pretty girls, so you won't see much interest there either. The most likely adaptations is probably a cheap Japanese TV show.