View Single Post
Old 2007-02-15, 03:21   Link #75
Mystical Lint
All Knowing Idiot

As fun as condescendingly snide comments are... I'm just not feelin them.

So yes, I'm working with what the creators give me.
I didn't like the episode that awful much... I didn't like the change of atmosphere given by Misa. And I don't like the potential things that could happen in the future because of these recent events. Especially since the chain seems aimed at giving humorously awkward circumstances.

But I'm going to assume L at least has his reasons and this is the best possible way to both keep them under control as well as give them as much freedom as possible.
It seems to me L has morals enough (or is it regard for the law?) that he doesn't wish to keep them when evidence is building against him. (perhaps he is one of the few who uphold 'innocent until proven guilty')

But he also knows his conclusions are never wrong blah blah blah so he doesn't give them full freedom.

And of course I don't think he has any idea what he would do if Kira's spirit came back into Light. He doesn't really know what it's capable of. And I remember that when he first heard he may be dealing with Death Gods L seemed genuinely frozen with fear. But I also have to assume he's only doing what puts the least amount of people in danger as well as keeping an eye on Light.

So eating out of the creators hands? Maybe. Trying to enjoy this series the best I can? Hell yeah! Don't try to make it out as such a bad thing. It's still a great anime.
I may like L but I'm rooting for evil Light. And I still think this series has much in store in it's future. *shrug*

And I have to watch the new episode soon...