Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-02-13, 08:37   Link #6086
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
They really need to allow people to carry legally at colleges. At least those with CCW permits/licenses. The fact that colleges are gun free zones doesn't stop shootings from happening. And maybe, just maybe if a professor or faculty was armed, there'd be less killings(looking at Virginia Tech as a prime example).
... The idea of people, even those with concealed weapon licenses on campuses worry me. While I agree with the sentiment that "guns don't kill people (by themselves), people kill people", that is precisely why I would much rather have just those who (1) know how to use a gun and (2) have at least trained through live fire in the past - being allowed only. Preferably with that person having shot someone, been shot himself or both. The average Joe Six-pack who knows - and can loudly declaim - his "rights" but not served/trained regularly and consistently... Got to pass on him being allowed.

Back to the original article, though... From the more recent update... hmm. Things like "the husband of one of the victims describing the shooter as 'not being able to deal with reality' and 'not as good as she thought she was'" and from one student, "she's a genius, but she really just can't explain things."

Probe: Olympic track did not cause luger's death
Quote:
Olympic officials decided late Friday night against any major changes in the track or any delays in competition and even doubled up on the schedule in the wake of the horrifying accident that claimed the life of a 21-year-old luger from the republic of Georgia.

They said they would raise the wall where the slider flew off the track and make an unspecified "change in the ice profile" — but only as a preventative measure "to avoid that such an extremely exceptional accident could occur again."
Hopefully, no one else gets hurt during the Olympics...

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!