Thread: Proposal Animesuki podcast?
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-03, 12:26   Link #54
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
This site hosts torrents for complete freaking episodes ...
Technically we don't host, we link to those who do. Use of the OP/ED music would have to work within the bounds of fair use, possibly requiring the track to be cut short (or at least based on the "TV-SIZE" versions used on the show itself) and possibly ensure the content of the pod cast was such that using the music was relevant (i.e. use show A's OP music, talk about show A in the pod cast).
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
... My guess is that AnimeSuki's torrents are validated for release...
Validated in as much as we don't list (at least not deliberately) shows that are licensed or generally available in English.

The only real hurdle with this, as I see it, is getting people to actually participate. You might be surprised by the number of times we've mooted community ideas for them to be shrugged off or fizzle out because people don't have the time or motivation to run them or even contribute to them. If you're going to start a pod cast, make sure you've got the backing of dedicated people who are interested in contributing. As many people as possible.

As for the "official" status of such an endeavour, I too would be interested to see it orchestrated from the forum in an unofficial capacity first, as relentless and others have intimated. That way we can monitor it and maybe make it official one day. The staff would have to collectively agree, and the final arbiter would be GHDpro as always.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote