View Single Post
Old 2009-03-29, 20:40   Link #497
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
I was thinking about this this morning, (before coming here) and was going to point something out about her attitude.
the OLD taiga would get embarrassed, hurt Ryuuji, then say something along the lines of "What are you saying you stupid mongrel!"
but instead, in the end, she says "Why would you say sometimes as embarrassing like that!? You should have waited for a better mood or something..."

her physical response is the same Taiga, but she doesn't act like the old Taiga with the way she talks to Ryuuji anymore. she WANTED to hear him say "I love you" just not in their old classroom after finding her in that locker.

anyways, the point is, that people can change a LOT, they can change the way they dress, the way they talk, the people they associate with, but there will STILL be certain things about them, that never will change. for taiga, one of those things is how she deals with extreme embarrassment
So she wanted and EXPECTED Ryuuji to say "I Love You" and still hits him. Even with all of this proof, there's something clearly off with that scenario.

And I thought one of the major aspects of the show was about change. Taiga clearly has changed and the key component of the plot was getting her to change from stop being so abrasive. The same goes for all three female protagonists because you have to change to fully understand yourself, your friends, and your surrondings.

On the Rie Kugimiya Issues, I have a few statements.

-You guys are focusing too much on the tsundere roles she does. You are forgetting other great roles she does like Kagura from Gintama or Mizore from Rosario Vampire. (Some people proclaim they only watch the show for her)
-Taiga to me is a balance between the two other major tsundere roles. She's equal tsun and dere. So while she's somewhat far-fetched, it can still be believable.
-I don't know anything about Shana. For Louise however, she could be considered "mentally ill" for her issues.