Old 2010-06-03, 08:35   Link #10792
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
To be very brief but precise-
*snip*
This is brief?

Quote:
In most cases, the servants seem to convince everyone that the entire PBX is irrevocably disabled -- Genji comes to fetch Natsuhi personally instead of calling her in Ep1, for example. Yet later on, internal phone connections occur which means the PBX is working. Cutting the trunk line is easy enough -- and the way you described allows to do it covertly from anyone on the island without worrying anyone might be clever enough to hook a phone up directly -- but if any phone on the island rings or gets a dialtone at all, the PBX is still in working order, and whoever convinces people internal lines do not work or does not hear a dialtone is lying.
I just thought of something. In each Episode, the condition the phones are in changes. In Episode 1, absolutely no phone calls are made for most of the Episode, but we get a phone call from Maria after the servants and her leave the study. If the phone lines can be disconnected to serve the appearence of being out, can't they be reconnected? Considering Genji, the suspect for sabotaging the phones, is now free to wander the mansion, he could reconnect the lines, now that the real murders are happening.
In Episode 2... I can't remember Episode 2 all that well. I know he surives, so what should happen is that the phone lines go out.
In Episode 3, Genji dies (or "dies," depending on your theory) early on, so the phones are intact for the entire Episode. The same goes for Episodes 4 and 5, and I haven't played Episode 6, so I can't make a judgement on it.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote