View Single Post
Old 2013-01-26, 21:09   Link #11854
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Well, I'm not overanalysing, just so you know. Though I wonder what gives you the impression I am.
Simple.

You're saying that Medaka was hopelessly in-love with humanity at age 3, and that's why she followed Zenkichi's mission for her.

When the simpler and more probable explanation would be that she was simply looking for her purpose in life, you know, as an impressionable child that she was. She was so naive that she even proposed to Zenkichi.

Quote:
And why was someone like Medaka, who could not connect with humanity, looking for a goal in the first place? Why not go the Kumagawa route?
Maybe because she wants a goal?

Being detached from humanity dosen't mean you can't have or crave purpose in life. She specifically said that she wanted something to live for, and was desperate for a reason to continue her life, a purpose.

Part of that desperation is because she was detached from humankind. Actually fits in neatly when you think about, hehe.

You're especially going to question your purpose in life if you're a monster compared to your peers.

Zenkichi gave her a finite purpose; "Help others". Something that she did and just ended up alienating her even more.

So, obviously, when Kumagawa is all like "Hey, chill. There is no purpose whatsoever". She's not gonna run with it.

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty much banking on this being what Nishio intended. Just an honest opinion.

Quote:
Love requires reciprocation.
No. It dosen't.

Here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unrequited_love

This also dosen't indicate, at all, for either side, that she was or was not uncontrollably in-love with humanity at that age(3). So the rest of the point, I'll consider moot.

Quote:
Her genetic 'love' became a love of people because people rejected, so she sought their love.
No-one rejected her at age 3. She barely had met anyone at that age.

Remember, you're arguing that she loved all of humanity, to the point that she does now, right off the bat.

So that you can claim that she only took Zenkichi's suggestion because she was uncontrollably in-love with humanity at age 3.

But, that just isn't as likely as my theory. Not to say that your's is inconpreheensible, just not nearly as likely.

Quote:
As for your Zenkichi example, when she proposed to him, she hadn't started helping people yet.
That's the point.

Because her love for people spawned from her interaction with humanity.

Which spawned form her goal.

Which spawned from her interaction with Zenkichi.

Hence, why she was willing to fully give herself to Zenkichi at that time.

Quote:
uite fine. If you think it's unlikeable and bad, fine. As I mentioned before, please don't treat it like a fact.
Erm.

You're the one who thinks I've been treating subjective opinions as facts.

Seriously, I pretty much stated that this is all my opinion.

Quote:
I don't think 'people' do that. I think you have a habit of unfourtunate insinuations.
Insinuations?

So you admit that I'm not really stating my opinion is fact, you just believe I'm saying that in-between-the-lines, correct?

Bear with me, this is important.

Quote:
The two of us are having a, for lack of a better word, debate and you make an utterly off topic comment about me being overly emotional.
Well, that's kinda because you were acting like that.

Since, out of the blue, you start going on about how I'm trying to pass off my opinion as fact.

Quote:
Exactly, forums are the worst to gauge things like popularity, thanks to phenomenons like vocal minorities.
Indeed, but with Medaka, It's stranger. Nearly because almost everyone I've met online hates her guts. This is probably the most neutral forum towards her that I've seen, and it's pretty much divided 50/50. I don't know if those observations would reflect overall, but I don't particularly care for people outside of forums.

I mean, such things don't happen with a guy like Misogi. He's loved by 99% of the people I meet(including me).

Quote:
Since you are clearly biased, your opinion is ineligible, got it now?
Pffthehehehe.

Yes, clearly so. My bad.

Quote:
As long as you don't paint it as objective fact.
Refer to one of the above points or Lupus's posts.

Quote:
I don't think that, though again, the fact that you think that is interesting.
You pretty much stated that I'm trying to paint my opinion as objective fact.

They go hand-in-hand, and could explain why you're acting so defensively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus
This depends on if Medaka was seperate enough, monstrous enough for a purpose to not be better than nihilism. I don't think she was, though I can understand if you think she was.
Indeed. It's not as if his opinion is incompreheensible, just not as likely in our eyes.

For instance Medaka was excited for a purpose to be given to her by her doctors. She was clearly impressionable and looking for one. Someone telling her that there is none probably wouldn't sit very well.

You could even argue that such was bolstered by her disconnection with humanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus
It was his opinion that it was a flaw in Nisio's writing. "Flaw" is another thing that is (at least usually) subjective.
I am glad to see someone understands. How fresh.