Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-04, 13:49   Link #29856
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Just to point out guys, as an Accountant, I can tell you I know my job will value less and less going forward because a machine can do 80% of my job now. It take three accountants to take care what used to take 30. I once remarked to my ex on this, and she said she is working on a project at IBM to have computer write their own codes.

It might be somewhat lolz to think about it now, but someday even comp sci people will replace themselves. After that, then what? Who need supply chain managers, high finance people, engineers or even scientists if machine can do their research more efficiently?

This also affect the gilded 1% people as well. As a person who work in High Speed Trading firm, most of our clients (I.E big monies traders, funds, wall street firms) are also becoming frustrated. 10 years ago, Mom and Pop traders and "average investors" used to float the market with massive volume. Now after the scandals and the economy crash, the volume is a quarter where its used to be, and half of that are bots doing high frequency duels against each other. (while Tele-com and artificial costs are strangling the market by eating smaller firms alive.)

Very soon, it is entirely possible Wall Street itself will be displaced by capitalism.

Then what?