View Single Post
Old 2008-11-21, 03:05   Link #83
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Caster, As I said, the Taiga emotions mostly seem to come from her dis likeness towards Ami rather than her having much feelings to Ryuuji and besides the scenes simply cannot compare in the sense of intensity.

Which what makes it look so random.

One episode ago she was taking it well, and having it all controlled (more or less) and definitively not yelling out Loudly, she didn't even care much about the whole issue as it was forgotten very soon, this is what makes this scene in the pool so weird and out of place.

I never questioned the general development but I do question how the heck the situation changed during one episode that did not have had much (or major) of character development to begin with. You describe me how their feelings changed in general - of course they did, but no one questioned that. The question is upon the level of intensity produced within a gap of one episode. And since that episode did not have the time skip the difference in level of intensity cannot be explained by that (and by gradual progression either). To quickly change this much the episode itself has to have some major shock that could be a development reason... But we cannot see one - the whole Ami thing was forgotten in the beginning already, and the rest epsidoe centered on the swimming. The greatest shock would be Ryuuji touching her breasts, but i doubt it could be used as a mean to explain such such emotional intensity change that we witnessed here.

It is nice having them follow novels and all but they should also pay attention to the differences their anime adaption is creating and to follow them rather than juts write down a scene that is suited for novels but would require some additional build-up for the anime.