Thread: Licensed Nana
View Single Post
Old 2006-04-06, 22:37   Link #34
mippa
Mahou Shoujo~!

Send a message via AIM to mippa Send a message via MSN to mippa Send a message via Yahoo to mippa
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaël
Originally Posted by raphaël
Argh, that's a good question! Especially as i've never wanted to take part in those endless and pointless " which is better manga or anime" debates...
Actually, your question somehow makes me realize i'm more of a manga-addict than a anime-fan ( maybe because i can listen to music while reading. lol). That's why i'm quite touchy when it comes to adaptations.

Anyways i found a good example to prove i'm wrong amongst Animesuki releases : Mushishi. I only watched the first episode, because i thought i might save the rest for later. ^^

*sniiiip*

I just hope you understood what i mean
Actually, your answer was thoroughly satisfying, and definitely proved me wrong about my assumptions of your previous post. I was thinking "Oh no, another manga-is-better-than-anime snob..." but you are very well thought-out in your response!

I am actually just getting through Mushishi myself, and I see what you mean by excellent animation.

I must say that shoujo manga is a lot harder to do "exceptional" things with as far as animation goes, because of the style of the stories. Though if you want to see a GREAT animated adaptation of a shoujo manga, I highly recommend Hachimitsu to Clover (Honey and Clover), as I think I like it better than the manga. ^^;

But back to Nana...I haven't read through the entire manga yet, and actually my first impression of Nana was through the movie, which I loved--mostly for the cinematography and the music.
mippa is offline   Reply With Quote