Thread: Visiting Japan
View Single Post
Old 2006-05-11, 10:37   Link #132
Vaines
Imagination's fool

Send a message via MSN to Vaines
I'd just suggest to all people considering to go to Japan for a student exchange to go there on holidays BEFORE to see how it is with your own eyes, not all the symbolism, videos or forum comments, or even travel websites you've seen. Because deciding to go move somewhere, even for a short time, needs to be prepared, at least in my opinion. I've got a friend who did just that, and is now studying in Japan, after having done several voluntary help trips to Hokkaido. Also, don't forget that most people who went to live in Japan stated that after some time of amazingness, there was a period (when the Japanese realised you weren't just going to leave after some weeks, or months), where things just go a bit (or a lot) harder, and contacts are more difficult, also some people say they've been depressed because of that. And that "phase" thing comes back in many reviews of personal moves to Japan.

I personally am going there on July for one month to do almost the entirety of Japan (I'm missing Nagasaki and those nicey islands in the bottom east). Although that means I won't be staying long in one place, I will have seen a broad picture, and I am going also to see my friend over there, so it will be interesting to see what someone who's been there for some months has to tell me
Vaines is offline   Reply With Quote