Thread: Crunchyroll Saki
View Single Post
Old 2008-12-04, 23:43   Link #8
Falkor

moé + mahjong = saki

I share kyouray's feelings: I don't really like the character designs. Just from that picture, it seems that they are going to take all the moé out, starting from there...

the fact that GONZO is handling the animation is a scary thought in itself, but I'm seriously more worried about the staff, really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN
Manabu Ono (Dragonaut - The Resonance, Transformers: Cybertron)
Tatsuhiko Urahata (Card Captor Sakura, Hajime no Ippo, Strawberry Panic!)
Masakatsu Sasaki (Erotic Torture Chamber)
Hiroki Matsumoto (Itazura na Kiss, Shikabane Hime: Aka, Welcome to the NHK)
Yota Tsuruoka (Air, Clannad, ef - a tale of memories)
Starting with the director, Manabu Ono, I don't want to see another trainwreck in the form of Dragonaut (I struggled through that show and it was such a painful experience). I wonder if he learned from the mess he did--from beginning to end, it was just bad.

The script is going to be done by Tatsuhiko Urahata and looking at the work he has so far done, the only downside I see is what he did on Strawberry Panic!, show whose script I did not feel very happy about. But he has been involved in some episodes of ARIA ~ The Origination (2, 5) and in the Series Composition of Monster. Well, not sure of what to expect...

I think they picked the "right person" for the sound direction, since Yota Tsuruoka seems to be someone with a vast experience--especially in regards to what I saw in ef~ tales of memories...

The 3D animation is going to be done by Sanzigen. What is that supposed to mean? Gonzo is relying on Sanzigen to do its awful 3D animation, or that Gonzo is not going to be involved in the 3D animation, and instead, it will leave it up to Sanzigen... I will definitely prefer the latter...

ok, I'm sounding way too pessimistic, but I can't really help it. On the bright side, I think they picked a strong cast of seiyuus, at least that...
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote