View Single Post
Old 2009-10-31, 01:31   Link #84
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
A smaller problem I had with this episode was Suou becoming a contractor. I had hoped that she would stay human and keep her emotions intact. It's much more interesting to see a girl who develops as a character by her tribulations than a contractor who probably will be stagnant throughout the season.
It's pretty obvious that her character will not stay stagnant throughout the series. At the end of this episode when she said "Contractors lose their emotions, but I hate you." Already foreshadows something in the future, either she's going to revert or she's special.

Another good thing is that she narrates the story, and we get a clear view of her Contractor logical thoughts still has a hint of human curiosity. We've never actually understood how contractors think, since Hei wasn't actually one in season 1 and we don't dive deep into his conscious mind. Time and time again we've seen Contractors have some form of emotions that they're not suppose to have. November 11 doing something illogical to "save the world". April showing signs of honoring November 11 (which is completely not needed if ur a logical being because you don't benefit from that except from making your own heart feel better).

It's about time they explain these inconsistencies, if they do have an explanation that is.