View Single Post
Old 2011-08-29, 05:53   Link #946
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Reread some of our recent discussions on Rewrite. John you made a really good point about the thing in Lucia's route that I was really caught up about:

Spoiler for Rewrite:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Why are we comparing anime titles? PC is a niche market and have smaller sales to DVDs in general.
In a nutshell...

Klashikari said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
There were a tad too many factors that weren't in favor for Rewrites sales sadly (and that's completely unrelated to its writing or story).
I took that as he was blaming the quake and the economy. No one was directly comparing sales of anime titles to galges. I brought up the sales of Oreimo pre and post quake and compared only Oreimo sales to itself, to illustrate that males 18+ were not effected so badly by the quake that they would stop spending money on their hobbies. I said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceral View Post
Oreimo and Rewrite would be aimed at the same demographic, young adult males. If that same demographic is willing to fork over the same amount of money pre-quake vs post-quake for Oreimo, it doesn't seem far fetched to me to think that if they really wanted to, that the great majority of that demographic (I'm thinking something like 90%) could fork over the same amount of money for Rewrite too.

It's still the same demographic, are you trying to tell me Eroge/galge players are more stingy than Anime BD watchers after the quake?
How that was misconstrued to me directly comparing anime to galge sales, I don't know. I'm guessing people only read what I quote and not what I write.(I'm thinking I need to stop posting here.)

Back to the point at hand, are the Oreimo sales enough proof to say the quake didn't affect the sales? No. But it is enough proof to show that the quake isn't the only reason that sales are down IMO.

This whole thing was a misunderstanding though, as Klashikari later cleared up that he did believe there were other factors outside of the quake and economy that impacted sales and I had misread his initial post wrong. (In my defense though, I think it is as easy to misunderstand Klashikari's post as it is to understand mine if you read them in their entirety .)

Last edited by Ceral; 2011-08-29 at 08:57. Reason: To avoid another double post in such a short time
Ceral is offline   Reply With Quote