View Single Post
Old 2013-08-28, 21:41   Link #1485
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Why not nanomachines? Or a virus?
The word "Asian" was never used. They said "oriental", and I could name a dozen of other stories set in alternative worlds were the "asian looking people" just happen to be in the east like on Earth, for example Full Metal Alchemist.
Whether or not it's alternative is not the issue here...I'm saying regardless of that, this is a future world, a world beyond our comprehension base on dystopian principles...If it's a alternate world than it's one that has been reset after a post-apocalyptic event...That's what I've gleamed from the context clues so far...I don't know maybe you are a manga reader having a go at me or something, but this is what I believe so far...And this argument was in rebuttal to the conjecture about this being a world possibly set in a medieval time which I refute...

Quote:
they (the Titans) lack the basic qualities of life, such as reproduction, aging and feeding
And I believe they do that based of some sort of biological/genetical/physiological manipulation...This is not complex (at least as a theory)...

A young boy who is shot with a syringe by the doctor/scientist who is thought to understand the key behind the Titans is able to create/become this beast himself after being eaten by one while in his stomach fluid ...

Me thinks I'll stick with my reasoning for now...